LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Laser Hair Removal For Face & Body
Just imagine not having to tweeze, wax, shave or endure the long, painful hours of electrolysis again! At Jeunesse Skin Care & Day Spa ™, we provide laser hair removal in Toronto with the LightSheer™ making this a reality for you! Men and women of ALL SKIN TYPES are now able to eliminate unwanted facial and body hair rapidly, safely and effectively with laser hair removal.
The LightSheer™ laser for hair removal is a diode laser which is recognized as the "Gold Standard" in the industry. The LightSheer™ system was specifically designed from the ground up for effective laser hair removal. Its patented chilltip technology provides continuous contact cooling of the epidermis for maximal patient safety and comfort. LightSheer™ is best for laser hair removal of light to moderately pigmented skin.
How Laser Hair Removal Works
Laser hair removal removes unwanted hair permanently by targeting and damaging the root of the hair.
The laser itself is attracted to pigment or color. Assuming there is a good contrast between the skin and the hair, the laser damages the root and leaves behind a small stem. Over the next 2-3 weeks, it will appear as if the hairs are growing when actually the skin is naturally pushing this stem up and out. If you were to pull at these hairs with your fingers (not tweezers) 2-3 weeks after the treatment these hairs slide out with no resistance at all. Once these hairs fall out there will be a period where there is very little hair. With a new cycle of hair growth approximately 6 to 8 weeks for the body and 4 to 6 weeks for the face, you would be coming in for your next treatment.
The reason why you would require more than one treatment is there are different cycles of hair growth. Ideally, we want to be able to attack the hair during the active stage of hair growth (anagen stage) which is when the hair follicle has a full root. Because we don’t know which hairs are in right stage at one time, that is the only reason why you would need more than one treatment. Normally 5-8 treatments are required for best results.
Popular treatment areas include underarms, legs, the bikini area, the upper lip, chin, and men’s backs and shoulders to mention a few. Laser hair removal generally works best for areas where the hair is dark and/or coarse. The number of laser hair removal treatments varies based on ones’ ethnic background or skin type as well as the area treated. We recommend coming in for a complimentary consultation to give you realistic expectations and to determine whether you are in fact a good candidate for this popular procedure. There is absolutely no obligation with the complimentary consultation.
NOTE: Individual Results May Vary
- Avoid sun exposure for at least four weeks after treatment and use sun block SPF30 or greater. It is highly recommended to avoid any sun exposure, fake tanning or solariums between treatments.
- Redness and slight swelling is common for a couple of hours to a couple of days after treatment. This is a natural response and there is no need for concern. Regular application of a soothing gel or ice pack will dramatically improve recovery time.
- It is recommended to keep cool prior to and after treatment. Avoid exercise, saunas and swimming in pools or spas, scented lotions, loofahs, exfoliants or AHA’s immediately prior to and post laser hair removal as these activities can irritate the skin and increase the incidence of treatment reactions.
- For a period of up to 2 to 3 weeks (or 7 to 10 days for the face) the hairs in the treated area may have the appearance of stubble. This is not new hair growth but rather the remnants of the treated hair being expelled from the damaged follicle. Allow the hair to fall out naturally however if you want to assist the shedding of hair you can do so by gently rubbing with a warm washcloth.
- You are able to shave any unwanted hair in-between treatments but avoid waxing, plucking, threading or bleaching the area. This will remove the hair from the follicle or bleach it making it impossible to treat until the hair grows back.
- During a course of laser hair removal sessions is to avoid any kind of sun exposure, use of self-tanners (including spray tans) or use of solariums. This can greatly effect laser treatment as laser is attracted to dark pigment and is unable to decipher between the pigment in dark hair or tanned/darker skin. To reduce any risk of skin burning or pigmenting due to incorrect preparation, your clinician must be aware if you have had recent UV exposure or are wearing fake tan. An SPF30 or greater sunscreen must be used daily and frequently to protect the treated area throughout the course of treatments.
- As waxing, plucking and threading temporarily remove the hair from the follicle before it grows back, it is imperative to not pursue such methods for a minimum of 4 weeks prior to laser hair removal in the treatment area. If there is no hair in the follicle at the time of treatment, then the laser is unable to successfully target and destroy growth. The use of shaving or depilatory creams on the treatment area is not a problem as they do not remove the hair from the follicle.
- It is recommended only to remove surface hair by shaving, depilatory creams, or clipping the treated areas during the course of treatment.
- Shave the area to be treated 24 hours prior to your treatment; this will promote a stronger current in the laser which will mean better results.
Book Your Free Consultation Today!
- Avoid partaking in any activities prior to coming in for treatment that will make you hot and sweaty. I.e. going to the gym, spas or saunas.