What is an IPL Photorejuvenation Facial Treatment?
The appearance of brown spots, fine lines and wrinkles, thread veins and age pigmentation spots can make you look older than you actually are.
At JEUNESSE SPA we recommend IPL Photo Rejuvenation as a highly effective solution for wrinkle removal, skin pigmentation, and skin showing signs of ageing – and ideal non-surgical facelift for younger looking, toned skin.
IPL Photorejuvenation is the latest in modern dermatology and is now available at JEUNESSE SPA, allowing our clients to transform red, blotchy skin into a radiant complexion.
JEUNESSE SPA IPL laser system emits light which encourages the production of collagen, a natural protein that fills in wrinkles, making the skin smooth and supple. With each treatment, the results of IPL Photorejuvenation become more pronounced.
A course of five IPL Photorejuvenation sessions spaced three weeks apart are normally recommended by JEUNESSE SPA to achieve optimal results.
The treatment is pain-free but you may experience a slight tingling sensation and have some redness after for an hour or so. Each treatment takes around 45 minutes and includes a prescription mask, to enhance the results. After the treatment you will be able to leave the clinic immediately after your session.
What Results Can I Expect?
Your skin will appear fresher, rejuvenated and younger-looking after just 2 or 3 treatments and the benefits of a full course can last up to year as the increased collagen production tones and improves the elasticity of our skin.
Regular treatments keep skin looking young and fresh. At JEUNESSE SPA, we recommend a top-up treatment once or twice a year to maintain your rejuvenated skin.
- Avoid sun exposure for at least four weeks after treatment and use sun block SPF30 or greater. It is highly recommended to avoid any sun exposure, fake tanning or solariums between treatments.
- Redness and slight swelling is common for a couple of hours to a couple of days after treatment. This is a natural response and there is no need for concern. Regular application of a soothing gel or ice pack will dramatically improve recovery time.
- It is recommended to keep cool prior to and after treatment. Avoid exercise, saunas and swimming in pools or spas, scented lotions, loofahs, exfoliants or AHA’s immediately prior to and post laser hair removal as these activities can irritate the skin and increase the incidence of treatment reactions.
- For a period of up to 2 to 3 weeks (or 7 to 10 days for the face) the hairs in the treated area may have the appearance of stubble. This is not new hair growth but rather the remnants of the treated hair being expelled from the damaged follicle. Allow the hair to fall out naturally however if you want to assist the shedding of hair you can do so by gently rubbing with a warm washcloth.
- You are able to shave any unwanted hair in-between treatments but avoid waxing, plucking, threading or bleaching the area. This will remove the hair from the follicle or bleach it making it impossible to treat until the hair grows back.
- During a course of laser hair removal sessions is to avoid any kind of sun exposure, use of self-tanners (including spray tans) or use of solariums. This can greatly effect laser treatment as laser is attracted to dark pigment and is unable to decipher between the pigment in dark hair or tanned/darker skin. To reduce any risk of skin burning or pigmenting due to incorrect preparation, your clinician must be aware if you have had recent UV exposure or are wearing fake tan. An SPF30 or greater sunscreen must be used daily and frequently to protect the treated area throughout the course of treatments.
- As waxing, plucking and threading temporarily remove the hair from the follicle before it grows back, it is imperative to not pursue such methods for a minimum of 4 weeks prior to laser hair removal in the treatment area. If there is no hair in the follicle at the time of treatment, then the laser is unable to successfully target and destroy growth. The use of shaving or depilatory creams on the treatment area is not a problem as they do not remove the hair from the follicle.
- It is recommended only to remove surface hair by shaving, depilatory creams, or clipping the treated areas during the course of treatment.
- Shave the area to be treated 24 hours prior to your treatment; this will promote a stronger current in the laser which will mean better results.
- Avoid partaking in any activities prior to coming in for treatment that will make you hot and sweaty. I.e. going to the gym, spas or saunas.
Book Your Free Consultation Today!